Whether it’s for a steamy shower, water to wash the dishes, or soapy warm water in your washing machine, a water heater is an essential component of your home. At Stormy Plumbing, we help Lexington, Columbia and surrounding area residents with hot water heater repairs, replacements, and installations.
Water Heater Repair
Cold water in place of hot is the first sign you need a new water heater. The anode rod may be corroded and need to be replaced, or the water heater may have built up sediment that needs to be removed. So whatever the reason, contact us about water heater repair. We will do a thorough inspection and walk you through what repairs need to be made, or will talk you through your options if you need a new water heater.
New Water Heaters
Water heaters need to be replaced every six to 12 years, so if your water heater is more than 10 years old, it’s time to start thinking about investing in a new one. Signs you may need a new water heater include:
- Water is always cold or lukewarm
- The heater appears to be deteriorating
- Water comes out rust colored
- The tank is leaking
- The drain valve on the water heater has stopped working
Types of Water Heaters
When you decide to get a new water heater, you have a variety of different choices, and the experts at Stormy Plumbing can help you decide on the best option based on your home, your budget, the size of your family and your hot water needs. The most common types of water heaters include:
- Conventional Storage Tank: A tank stores water, and the water can be heated by electricity, natural gas, or propane.
- Tankless Water Heater: Also called an on-demand water heater, this heater doesn’t store the water in a tank. Instead, it passes water over metal coils that heat the water instantly.
- Heat Pump: Heat pump water heaters only use electrical power to move the water. They rely on heat from the air or ground to warm up the water, which saves electricity.
- Solar Powered Water Heaters: These water heaters can either feature a roof mounted water tank that warms the water using passive solar energy, or they can have a traditional storage tank, heated by electricity generated from solar panels.
- Condensing Water Heater: These tanks use heated exhaust from a natural gas heating system to warm the water.
Get Help with Your Water Heater
So whether you need a water heater repair or a complete water heater replacement, we can help you every step of the way. Contact Stormy Plumbing today for customized, family-oriented hot water heater help and other expert plumbing services.